Health & Medical Emergency Services
We offer a 24-hour emergency ambulance service and can respond to any emergency call anywhere on the island. Our response time is excellent.
We airlift patients regionally to and from any medical facility in the Caribbean, providing ground services to or from Grantley Adams Intl Airport & Bridgetown Port.
We offer a trusted repatriation service to both leading medical insurance providers and individuals, ensuring patients receive high quality care.
Our team is certified to work at the practicing levels defined by our medical policies, working within clearly defined procedures.
We manage non-emergency transport services thinking outside-the-box to provide customized solutions that cater to your unique needs.
Other Medical Transport Services
Important Information to Know
- 24-hour basic and advanced life support ambulance service
- Emergency and non-emergency transport
- Communications/Dispatch on duty 24/7
- Medical teams trained for adult and pediatric patients
- Bariatric, dialysis and wound care transport
- Cardiac care – ventilator dependent, IV pump, multi-meds
- Critical care transport
- In-service training (CEU) available
- Special event standby
Sporting & Special Event Coverage
We are experienced in providing a wide range of medical care services to a wide variety of special events, meeting the special requirements of event organizers.
- Sporting events — indoor and outdoor
- Community gatherings and ceremonies
- Public relations and promotional events
- In-service training (CEU) available
- Concerts, fairs etc.
We provide medical care and ambulance cover to a wide variety of sporting and special events. Regardless of the size, location or logistics of the event, the professionals at Island Care can assist in tailoring a cost effective medical and emergency coverage service plan to match any event requirement.
Transport For Hospital In-Patient Tests
Patients in hospitals, whether public or private, are taken to other medical facilities on the island for x-rays, MRI, CT scans etc.
We provide fully trained and experienced staff to transport patients between hospitals to facilitate the continuation of their care.
Our Inter-Hospital Transfer Service offers a streamlined referral process that ensures quick and easy admission to any hospital. Highly trained coordinators assist with admission processing, bed assignment, and transportation services, including specialized transport at basic or advanced cardiac support levels. We also accept pediatric patients.
Once you have an accepting attending physician, a transfer service coordinator will:
- Initiate the transfer process by assigning the patient to the appropriate level of care within the hospital
- Facilitate direct admission to our cardiac catheterization suite, interventional radiology special procedures suite, or operating room, as needed
Arranging a transfer
When you call, please be prepared to provide the following information so we can assess your patient’s needs:
- Referring physician and/or hospital
- Phone number where you can be reached
- Patient location and phone number
- Services needed
- Accepting physician’s name
- Patient’s name
- Special needs (isolation, ventilator, or IVs)
Our goal is to conveniently and efficiently provide your patient with a seamless transition of care. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We provide a personal, efficient and professional service, door to door, accommodating wheelchair access and stretcher services to return patients to their home or rehabilitation destination who, due to medical reasons, cannot be transported by car or taxi.
Patients are transported from hospital to their home or nursing home. We also transport patients to out-patients clinics and doctors offices for follow-up care
Dialysis Patient Transport
This service is for those dialysis patients who regularly have to have dialysis at a hospital or medical facility but find regular transport difficult e.g: car.